Can Ship Smart explain its process in detail?
- Step One: Getting A Estimate
- Get started by getting an estimate online or over the phone, our experienced sales team is available Monday-Friday 6:00 am PST - 6:00 pm PST and Saturday 9:00 am - 3:00 pm PST.
- Our online moving calculator* provides estimates 24/7 with a price based on our most economical shipping option, a curbside delivery. Estimates done using the online moving calculator are reviewed by our experienced sales team, ensuring you get the best pricing and latest promotions available.
- Our sales team reviews all estimates, and they will email you a link to the estimate booking portal** within 24-48 hours.
- Step Two: Scheduling Pickup
- Before a pickup is scheduled, the estimate booking portal* must be completed. The estimate booking portal* is sent to your email within 24-48 hours of your estimate request. If your estimate has not been received, please email or call 800-554-5574 ext 300.
- After we receive a notification that you've completed the estimate booking portal*, our warehouse manager will call the pickup contact within 72 hours to schedule an appointment.
- All pickup appointments are two to four-hour windows and are scheduled Monday through Friday. Some locations offer Saturday pickups, but this may incur an additional charge.
- Step Three: Pickup
- All pickups are scheduled with the contact of your choosing within 72 hours of completing the estimate booking portal*. The driver will call your pickup contact 30 minutes before arrival on the pickup day.
- All pickup appointments are two to four-hour windows and are scheduled Monday through Friday. Some locations offer Saturday pickups, but this may incur an additional charge. The typical truck size used during the pickup is about 16' feet, similar to a rentable do-it-yourself moving truck.
- Step Four: Packing
- After your goods are picked up, they will start the packing process for freight travel. This includes boxing your goods in heavy-duty cartons covered in plastic bubble wrap and foam. In all cases, our packaging standards exceed the manufacturer's specifications. Once space is available to put your shipment into transit, the packing process is completed.
- Shipments are put into transit based on the order received, size of the move, and space available with the freight carrier.
- Step Five: Paying
- Once the packing process is completed and space available to put your goods into freight transit, a Ship Smart operations team member will contact the paying party directly to receive authorization to process the payment and put the shipment in transit.
- The final price of the shipment is based on the actual inventory picked up, packing services, packed weight, dimensions, insurance, and delivery service level.
- Payment is processed in full before being put into transit.
- Step Six: Shipping
- Shipments are scheduled to be put in freight transit within 24-48 hours of completing the payment. Shipments are picked up by the freight carrier Monday-Friday during the warehouse's regular business hours.
- Transit time varies based on the time of year, destination, freight congestion, and weather and road conditions.
- Step Seven: Scheduling Delivery
- We offer two delivery options, Curbside Delivery, and Inside Delivery; both are by appointment delivery services scheduled Monday through Friday during regular business hours.
- Step Eight: Delivery
- The delivery process varies slightly depending on the service level selected, but both are done by appointment. We offer two delivery options Curbside Delivery and Inside Delivery.
- Curbside Delivery is our economical outside delivery service. Your goods will be delivered by appointment with the receiving party, packaged on a shipping pallet, and taken to the closest accessible point outside the delivery address. No unpacking, move-in services, or removal of shipping materials are included at this service level. If you need assistance removing your goods from the pallet and taken inside your business or residence, our white glove delivery service is right for you. Learn more about our inside delivery service
- Once your shipment arrives at the destination terminal, your delivery contact is called directly to set up a delivery appointment.
- Curbside delivery is only an option if no single item is over 84" and the delivery address is accessible for a 48' foot tractor-trailer (no narrow, unpaved, or dead-end stress or streets with low-hanging branches or power-lines). If you think this may apply, don't hesitate to contact our customer service team by 💬 LiveChat, 📧 CustomerService@ShipSmart.com, 📞1-800-554-5574 Ext 300.
- Inside Delivery is our full-service white glove delivery option. This service includes unwrapping, removing the goods from the shipping pallets, removing any access packing material, and taking inside the residence or business's first floor (unless noted); however, unpacking boxes or furniture assembly is not included but these services are available.
- Once your shipment arrives at the inside warehouse, your delivery contact will be called directly to set up a delivery appointment. Inside delivery is done by appointment and scheduled Monday through Friday during the warehouse's regular business hours.
Did this answer your question?
Thanks so much for your feedback!
%s of people found this helpful.